Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Eight Things About Me, Interesting or Not





Hey, Stephanie tagged me! Cool! So, here goes.

Here are the rules:

1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


One thing that most people find interesting is that I’m the oldest of nine kids. I have 5 brothers and 3 sisters. Life was never dull growing up. I seemed to always be babysitting someone. But it was mostly fun. My youngest sister was born during my first year at college.




My life in high school, and college too, was band. I was a major band geek. I played the clarinet and loved it. In college I was in the marching band for three years. Very fun.




I’ve compiled the life histories of my grandparents, both sets of them. I interviewed them on tapes and then put it all together with pictures and pedigree charts and recipes and whatever else I could think of. One set died just after I got done. The other set has done lots of living since then and I really need to update!


I love loud music and I especially love being alone in the car so I can BLAST it! I also love loud movies and will pick a theater to go to depending on their sound quality. I think I’m DONE with dollar movie theaters because I can’t even hear a thing at those places. Ick!




Other things I love to do besides reading and blogging is quilting, making movies on the computer, baking, seeing new places, and geocaching.






I’m a Star Wars geek. I got hooked as a 12 year old seeing that awesome movie for the first time and have loved anything to do with Star Wars ever since. Sometimes I forget that those movies are make believe and are not depicting real history!






I’m a huge Josh Groban fan and will be wishing my summer away so August 28 can get here because that night I’ll be seeing him in concert! YES!








One of my dreams is to spend an entire summer in the British Isles seeing and doing everything there is possible to do. I was lucky enough to take a trip there, for just a couple of weeks and it wasn’t NEAR long enough. So, when the kids are grown and the husband is retired and if we have any money left by then, this is on the list of To Do’s.

And now I'm going to break the rules because I don't have a very big network of friends yet and so I think most of them have already done this or been tagged! So, if you happen to be reading this and you HAVEN'T done it yet and you think it looks fun, go for it and let me know so I can be sure to come visit!

5 comments:

  1. Good idea recording your Grandparents. I've done some genealogy myself but most of it written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list!! Thanks for playing along!

    I played tenor and alto sax in jr. high and part of high school. Also the piano. But too many other things got in the way. My best friend played the clarinet. All I could do with it was make horrid squeaking sounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suey- Great answers. I love Josh Groban too. I blast all kinds of music depending on my mood. Mostly I listen to Alternative Christian and Christian Rockbut I love 80's music, soundtracks, Country, swing, and even get in the mood for classical sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers! I played the flute through my senior year in HS. And, I guess I was a band geek. I was first chair every year except that first year of HS and I was 2nd out of 23. The 15 or so seniors behind me were really, really irritated. LOL

    I've been wishing to spend a year or two in the British Isles for as long as I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project to do about your grandparents! And when I can get away from my kids, I, too, blast music in the car. Driving to CVS or the food store, rocking out to Sister Christian on the Classic Rock station. Ah, what could be better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails