Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Adding More to the Pile.....

Here's what I "bought" with my B and N gift card today:

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See: everyone's been raving so I had to get it!
Plainsong by Kent Haruf: it was making a ripple among book people a few years ago.
A Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham: it just looked good! I guess it's a recent movie too.

Here's what I put on hold at the library today:

Austenland by Shannon Hale: a new take on the Mr. Darcy infatuation!
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson: the third in the Maximum Ride triology, the 2nd of which I just finished this weekend. Fun stuff.
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: which I know I'll love because of Kite Runner and because so many of you are saying it's amazing.

I can't wait! I'm doing nothing but reading all summer long! :)

6 comments:

  1. How long is the wait for 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' in your area? I'm going to wait until fall to try for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One library had 34 on the list. But I used the OTHER library where I'm number 9! I thought that wasn't bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list! I am going to eventually get to the Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have access to two different libraries. If I got on the list right now for "A Thousand Splendid Suns", I'd be 165th in line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that would be frustrating! I'd end up buying even more than I do now if that were the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in for the Snow Flower love--I think she has a new book coming out, too.

    Great blog! I just subscribed to your feed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails