Monday, March 31, 2014

March 2014 Reading Wrap Up


It's been another lovely reading month! You know... I really love reading! :)

Here's what I managed this month:

Panic by Lauren Oliver: high school kids compete in a death defying game over the summer with the winner getting a pot of money.

Death Sworn by Leah Cypess: a young girl joins the assassins lair as their magic teacher, even though she is losing her magic.

The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld: a death row inmate observes life in the prison

Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando: two girls are paired up to be roommates in the fall, so they correspond about their life that summer before they even meet

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi: what Warner thinks!

Visible City by Tova Mirvis: several occupants of an apartment building in New York observe each others' life and then meet and then everything changes.

A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson:  a young Russian noble girl ends up as a housemaid in a British manor house just after WWI

Ruins by Dan Wells: the war between the humans and the Partials is in full swing with Samm and Kira trying to stop it because they know something that will save the world, if only someone would listen!

Favorites of the month include: Death Sworn, Destroy Me and The Enchanted

Plans for April:
  • Read The End of Your Life Book Club, for book club
  • Start Words of Radiance
  • Read Noggin for review
  • Finish Laughing Boy
  • Read Evertrue
  • Read The Distance Between Us
  • Read House of Ivy and Sorrow for review
  • Read whatever I want!




8 comments:

  1. I finally found a book to (hopefully) get me out of my slump. And then THE ENCHANTED is next! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi: I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that one. Wow, but it was a strange little book!

      Delete
  2. March was very quiet for me. I am hoping that April will be better! (I have THE ENCHANTED, so glad you liked it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to Evertrue!!! I can't wait to see what you think. And, I'll post on that review, lol, because I've already read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Hope April is just as productive for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri: I feel like it's going to be a crazy awesome month. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails