Seriously, I hardly ever go to the beach. First, it's far away, and second it's uncomfortable there what with all the sun, sand and water and such. And if I were to ever go there, I'd probably not get much reading done, but I do know that some people seem to manage this just fine. And when they do, they want a certain kind of book. And I think that kind of book is sort of a brain candy book. Mostly (but not necessarily all) mindless fluff perhaps. Probably lots (or at least some) of romance, and no hard words and deep thinking. Maybe something especially page turn-y with great adventure and intrigue. And probably not all that long either.
So what books fit that bill for me?
Top Ten Beach Reads
1. Meg Cabot books... like Insatiable.
2. Janette Rallison books like.... It's a Mall World After All
3. Kaki Warner books like... Pieces of Sky
4. Sarah Dessen books like... Just Listen (even though there is a little deep thinking here)
5. Stephanie Perkins books like... Lola and the Boy Next Door
6. Shannon Hale books like... The Goose Girl
7. Simone Elkeles books like... Perfect Chemistry
8. Sydney Salter books like... Swoon at Your Own Risk
9. Alex Flinn books like... Beastly
10. James Patterson books like.... The Angel Experiment
Yeah... I think all those suggestions make perfect beach books!
What's on your beach list?
Oh, and I'd love to hear how you define "beach read." Is it the same as me?