Top Ten Favorite Books So Far This Year
(and that were published this year, mostly, but not necessarily with links to my reviews)
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: a sad tale of two kids with cancer
2. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: a book that's created one of the most endearing romantic heroes in recent YA stuff
3. Partials by Dan Wells: a fun take on the dystopian craze
4. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley: winner of the Printz
5. The Hollow City by Dan Wells (coming out next month... July): this one messes with your head big time (review to come soon!)
6. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: awesome fantasy series
7. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta: sequel to the above
8. The House at Tyneford by Natasha Solomons: an engaging WWII historical fiction
9. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: this awesome epic fantasy series continues
10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: one of the most creative and unique fairy tale re-tellings I've read.
It's been a fun reading year so far, even if I'm not reading as much as I had planned.
Do you have any of the same books on your favorite-so-far list?