I'm pretty sure these are the only episodes I watched in my previous Buffy attempt before I gave up. (We'll see if episode three looks familiar at all when I get that one going!) And my feelings remain about the same as that first time.
My quick and first impressions (of S1 E1,2) include:
- I get the Angel love, really, I get it! (Though he hasn't really done much yet.)
- I really like Xander too actually.
- And yes, I really like Giles too, but he seems so nerdy. And it confuses me that he knew what was up so fast. I felt like that whole connection he has with the kids was awfully quick.
- The vampires are wimpy! I mean, Buffy can hold them back by just leaning on a door?
- The fighting is corny, and the aerobatics bug me... just sayin'.
- Yes, of course, the dialogue is witty, and I truly enjoy that! BUT...a 16 year old would never talk so... witty. However, I think this is something you see on all TV shows these days.
- Many people commented as we watched that it's all about the characters and not the vampire stuff... yep, I get this. After two episodes, I am still getting to know these characters and I will let you know when that exact moment occurs that I LOVE them and am hooked on their strength alone. It's not happened after two episodes....
This week I plan to watch four more episodes. I'll let you know when it happens in case some of you can watch with me again!
Other Buffy Thoughts so far: