Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Sunday Salon: My Week, Reading and Otherwise

Today, and this weekend, I'm reading The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russel. It's taken me a few pages to get into the swing of it, but I'm quite smitten now. I'm doing this one as a read a long with a few others. Check here on Florinda's blog if you are interested!

I also decided to start book two of the Wheel of Time. So far, I've read the prologue! Well, it is a start, right? I also started Scott Westerfeld's book, Leviathan. It's my "treadmill book" for the time being. Quite intriguing so far.

I only fnished one book this last week, Raven Stole the Moon. I liked it, it was different, but quite interesting. Review to come soon.

So if I only read one book, what did I do all week?

I watched, again, To Kill a Mockingbird with the whole family.
I met Richard Peck, the guy who wrote A Long Way from Chicago.
I worked at the library. I went to the library.
I watched Coraline on DVD.
I didn't watch American Idol.
I went to parent teacher conferences.
I made lots of dinners, washed lots of clothes, mopped the floor, cleaned the shower, went grocery shopping, dropped kids off here and there, and took a nap once or twice.

And I'm sure there's some other stuff I did, but I can't remember now what it is! So in other words, yeah, it was a basic normal week.

How was your week? Reading and otherwise?

6 comments:

  1. If only I could put down the books to 'make lots of dinners, wash lots of clothes, mop floors, clean the shower, grocery shop, and the such not'. I've been in a domestic slump, not wanting to do any of the householdy chores. Of course, this slump has been for about the last 29 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to be behind with The Sparrow reading. I have quite a few books I need to get to this month and I've barely made a dent.

    How awesome that you got to meet Richard Peck!

    I worked quite a bit of overtime this past week and so didn't get much reading done. I hope to spend a good chunk of today reading. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're reading with Florinda?!?! Oh, boy, I smell trouble. ;) Actually I like Florinda and you, even though I haven't been here in a while. I didn't realize you worked at a library. I've also recently started working at a library part-time and love it so far, but it's only been a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like normal weeks - that usually means little to no drama! Have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got started on The Sparrow this weekend myself - it's a re-read for me, and I'm just past the point where I remember falling in love with it the first time. Glad you're getting hooked too, and thanks for reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trisha: I have the same LONG slump, so when I do it, I have to list it as a huge accomplishment!

    Literary Feline: I hope you ending up having a great reading day yesterday, and maybe even got to The Sparrow just a bit.

    Unfinished: Long time no see! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I'm reading with Florinda, cool, I know. Yes, I work at the library, up in administration paying the bills, and other such sundrie odd jobs.

    Amused: Yep, agreed!

    Florinda: I'm getting a little nervous about The Sparrow now... all this foreshadowing is freaking me out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails