Monday, December 14, 2009

Support Your Local Authors: My List of Potentials

Here's what I hope to read in the next year from my pile of local author books:


The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivie Harrison

Forest Born by Shannon Hale

Spells by Aprilynne Pike (oh wait, she moved to Arizona! Can I still count her?)

Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians, Book 2 by Brandon Sanderson

Fablehaven, Book 3 by Brandon Mull

Everything is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale

The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull

Dragon Spear by Jessica Day George

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Echo by Brodi Ashton

.... and that should be good for starters! :)


See why I needed to make this an official challenge?

So, who are YOUR local authors and what will YOU be reading for this challenge? (Come here to sign up.)

9 comments:

  1. You have some great local authors. I need to do this, especially because it would works so well with Literary Road Trip that Galleysmith hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utah seriously is a hotbed of authors! I want to read that whole list, especially that last one. :) Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole: Do join up! :)

    Brodi: I saved the best for last! Hey, do you have an official release date yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Brodi, we need a release date!!

    I just started my list off with what is sitting here waiting to be read. :D

    Now I shall hijack your list to add to mine......:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not joining challenges, but I support my local authors. Wow, you sure do have a lot of terrific authors in Utah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I already LOVE our local authors and I've been also reading them a lot. You have convinced me to make up a list and make it "official."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning to read Warbreaker in January - if you're up for it, we could do a joint review ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Heather... that sounds like a blast! So, I will try. I keep committing to stuff and I'm starting to feel a little insane... but yeah, I would love to get to Warbreaker right away.

    Natasha... yes, do make it official! Cool! :)

    Bookfool... sure you don't want to join... just one? :)

    Britt...my list could be even longer, I left off tons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so we'll try for it, but no worries if it doesn't work out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails