Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blogger Progressive Dinner Dessert Recipe

Welcome to my recipe post for the Blogger Progressive Dinner Party 2009! I decided to share the following recipe that my family loves at Christmastime. For the list of other recipes being shared, be sure to head over to The Book Blog Social Club site. Yesterday we had entries, the day before was appetizers and salads. Today, it's desserts!

Hershey's Chocolate Mint Brownies

Ingredients:

Brownie Layer
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 16 oz. can Hershey's syrup
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Mint Layer
2 cups confectioners' sugar
½ cup butter
1 Tbs. water
½ tsp. mint extract
3 drops green food color

Chocolate Topping Layer
6 Tbs. butter
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix up ingredients for brownie layer until smooth. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake in 350 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes until top springs back when touched. Cool completely. Beat the stuff for the mint cream layer until smooth, frost cooled brownies. Chill. Then melt ingredients for the chocolate topping layer in microwave until smooth. Spread on top of green frosting! Chill in fridge some more!

A couple other desserts on the menu:

Thanks for dropping by and happy baking!

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm craving brownies and it's not even 10 am. Great.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just looking at that picture and the ingredients! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I may need to make these soon :D I'm a sucker for anything with mint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that looks good! I love chocolate and I love mint- especially together! I can't remember the last time I had a mint brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so good! I might just have to try them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound delicious! They look delicious. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made these many times. THey are soooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails