Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Some Bookish Business

Some things I need to tell you about.

First, if you need some ideas for what to read for you next book club, look no further! Check out this link to Flashlight Worthy Book Recommendations where a bunch of book bloggers have contributed to a fun list of Best Book Club Selections from 2009. Yep, you can see my pick there, along with several other familiar book blogging buddy names. And once you click on that link, be sure to look around and check out all the other fun lists on the site. Very cool.


Are you finding time to read the Advent Calendar posts? It's so fun to see everyone's traditions and thoughts about Christmas. My turn will be coming up on the 18th. Last year, I blogged about our Christmas tree decorating traditions. This evening we'll be doing it all again, hauling up the tree, piling on the ornaments, and then baking cinnamon rolls.



Another fun thing that's popped up in the book blogosphere is Dewey's Tree, an idea proposed by Lisa from Online Publicist. She suggests we all give books to someone, or some charity, or some place in honor of Dewey. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to participate, and go through some books, and give them away.


Oh, man! My turn for the Classics Circuit is Tuesday and I still haven't finished my book! So, after the tree is decorated today, I'm going to curl up next to it, and read Wilkie Collins for the rest of the evening!


Well, now that the big party is over (which turned out great btw, except I had WAY too much food... better than not enough though) I can concentrate on Christmas for real. Two weeks to do it all (because that last week kids are out of school and it doesn't count!) I'm a little freaked by that but if past years are any indication, somehow, it will all get done.

I hope you are all having a great, restful Sunday full of tons of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails