Friday, March 30, 2007

Books I Read in March

Yesterday’s Love by Michele Ashman Bell. A fluffy romance about a woman who find herself in a major depression and recovers with the help of a long lost high school friend. It was one of my "treadmill books" this month!
Rating: B +
Genre: Romance

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. About a devil giving advice to his nephew, a new devil, on how to win the soul of a man on earth. Lots of profound insights.
Rating: B +
Genre: Religion? Hmmm...

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. This one won the Pulitzer Prize a few years ago. It’s about an old man who is nearing death, and he’s writing this memoir of his life, and things he wants to tell his young son after he’s gone.
Rating: A-

Genre: Literary Fiction

The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. One girl’s terrible, frustrating nanny experience in New York. I thought it was very obnoxious and depressing. (My 2nd treadmill book of the month!)
Rating: C+

Genre: Literary? Fiction

The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. Wow, a huge book! I loved learning about this time in history and all the fascinating characters surrounding Cleopatra. I NEED to go there and visit now!
Rating: A
Genre: Historical Fiction

1 comment:

  1. You know....I want to read The Memoirs of Cleopatra. I really do. But it is so....BIG! But...I like to read about new things. And Egypt, right now, is my interest. I'm just finishing up a book called Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead by Nick Drake. It's a fictional mystery about her disappearance. Good so far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails