Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Friend's Face to Face Group

What We've Read So Far:

2003

Sept: My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
Oct: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Nov: A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley
Dec: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

2004

Jan: Bonds That Set You Free
Feb: ?
Mar: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Apr: Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
May: ?

Sept: ?
Oct: One True Thing by Anna Quindlen
Nov: Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World by H. Stephen Glenn
Dec. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian

2005

Jan: Good Grief by Lolly Winston
Feb: Girl in Hyacinth Blue bySusan Vreeland
Mar: Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
Apr: Cry The Beloved Country by Alan Paton
May: ?

Sept: The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell
Oct: Madame Bovery by Gustave Flaubert
Nov: Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Dec: Hallelujah by J.S. Featherstone

2006

Jan: These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
Feb: The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
Mar: Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
Apr: The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

Nov: Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
Dec: The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan

2007

Jan: Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Feb: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Mar: Gilead by Marilynn Robinson
Apr: Katherine Patterson books
May: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Oct: The Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
Nov:
Dec: nothin'

2008

Jan: True Believer by Viginia Euwer Wolfe
Feb: The Professor and the Madman
Mar: Life as We Knew It
Apr:
May:

3 comments:

  1. And to think you had this list all this time? Wowsa! I can kinda remember what was going on in my life at those times when I peruse the list of titles we read; for instance, Handmaid's Tale is my backyard hammock, the kidlets playing noisily in the background; Gilead is the Orem Rec Center, where I'd spend inordinate amounts of time nose stuck in the pages and sweating on the treadmill, looking up and not recognizing the gym around me because I was so wrapped up in Gilead. Thanks for keeping this list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you remember what goes in some of those blanks and question marks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One novel that was selected (but remained unread by me) was a fan fiction novel about Fitzwilliam Darcy. I believe it was An Assembly Such As This.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails