Friday, March 23, 2007

The Nanny Diaries by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus.


It's not very often that I read a book that I don't really like at all. I only made it through this story, about a nanny's experience, one just to see what happens to the little boy that she takes care of, and let's just say it wasn't a happy ending. On the front of my book The New York Times says about this book, "devilishly funny." Sheesh, I found nothing AT ALL funny about it; in fact it was overwhelmingly sad and depressing.


I came close to just bagging it several times, but it was my treadmill book of the week, and since I was there, walking, and it was there, waiting to be read, I read it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was pretty dismal, too. I felt bad for the poor kid, and frustrated at everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails