Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Movie Review: Eddie the Eagle

Movie: Eddie the Eagle
Genre: real life drama
Starring: Taron Egerton, Hugh Jackman, Tom Costello
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: two thumbs up


I know this movie is old news, but we just finally did the redbox thing and watched it! And it was all full of all the feel-goodness that everyone said it was.

Mostly I can't believe someone did this in real life, you know?

Anyway, if you don't know, it's about Eddie, who from the time he was little, dreamed of going to the Olympics, even though he really wasn't at all athletic. When he was cut from the ski team, he decided to form his one man ski jumping team. And so he went to learn... and ended up in the Olympics after only a year of jumping.

While there, everyone sort of made fun of him, so to make people take him serious, he decided to jump from the highest jump, even though he'd never done it before.

This guy was/is seriously crazy!

The real Eddie

It felt a lot like the movie Cool Runnings, which I absolutely love, and turns out, it happened during the same time period as that one. What an interesting time for the Olympics, yes?

Anyway. What an awesome inspirational movie about chasing and living your dreams no matter what things come in your way. It's perfect.

And the music really made it too. Loved it!

AND... there's Hugh Jackman. You know? Which is just the icing on the cake.

Here's the trailer:





And a taste of the music:



2 comments:

  1. I had never even heard of this movie until you mentioned it in your Currently the other day. It sounds like it was fun to watch. I might have to convince Corey or just watch it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got to see it. I knew you'd love it. I love happy feel good movies like this. And the guy that played Eddie was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails