Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sing Along Saturday... Late: Patriotic Songs and Moving Songs



I've missed two Sing Along Saturdays! And we can't have that! Because I enjoy pondering my music love way too much!

The day we left on vacation the prompt was patriotic songs given the 4th of July weekend. I thought about what I'd post if I'd had the ability, as we were driving. This is what I came up with:













Then this past weekend's prompt was moving songs, as in songs that move you emotionally. Well. This would be ALL music that I listen too since this is the very appeal music has for me. So how to answer this prompt? Sigh. How about songs that give me chills.... every single time:

 






Yep. Emotionally moved. Without a doubt.

What would you put on your list?


2 comments:

  1. I love "Battle Hymn of the Republic" too. I should've used that as my song that week, but I chose something else.

    And, I like "Bring Him Home" too. It's on my favorites from Les Mis of the few song I've actually heard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard "To Where You Are" before. Two that always move me are Adagio for Strings by Barber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450 and The Letter, from the musical Billy Elliot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA2WfHJeOMY

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails