Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Thirty Days of Books: Happy and Sad



The latest two prompts for Jenni's 30 Days of Books:

What book makes you happy? What book makes you sad?


Well, the first one is hard because what do you mean by happy? They pretty much all do that. What makes me laugh? I can never remember the laughing ones. All my favorites though seem to be a bit on the tragic side. However, when looking through my list of favorites I think this one does the trick for making me feel happy and good and warm and light:





On the other hand, this one makes my heart hurt and oh so sad. The end pretty much kills me:



What books make you espeically happy and/or sad? Come link up with us over at Jenni Elyse's!











5 comments:

  1. Anne of Green Gables is the perfect happy book! I've never read The Good Earth and now I'm in no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never read Anne of Green Gables. It's actually my answer to the prompt of what has been on my TBR list for a long time and I still haven't read. I guess I should get to it at some point. So many books, so little time. Gah!

    I've never heard of nor read (obviously) The Good Earth. What's it about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: A family in China. I forget the time period... early 1900s maybe?

      Delete
  3. Anne of Green Gables!! I love Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pick on ANNE OF GREEN GABLES. Anne's such a great character. Definitely one that makes you laugh, cry, and cheer. I've never read THE GOOD EARTH. I definitely need to one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails