Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Reading Recap May 2016

I love rose season!

Only two books, again, this month:

Summerlost by Ally Condie: A sweet story about how a young girls deals with grief during a summer stay in her grandparents home town.

Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie: Sometimes when you can feel the emotions of everyone around it can get awfully confusing!

Plans for June:

  • finish The Raven King
  • read I Am Malala for book club
  • I think I need to read some contemporary YA/romance stuff. So I'm going to search my shelves for something that fits, or check out something from the library.
  • Wish me luck!

Anyone else in a slump? How's it going for you? Have you managed to get yourself over it?


  1. Yes, read some fluffy ya contemporary romance. Hopefully that will help with the slump.

  2. I'm kind of in a slump. I'm getting more read than you are, but I feel like I'm still not reading very much. I did great during the first half of the month and then petered out. Hopefully, both of our Junes will be better. :)

  3. I... didn't read anything in May. :( But I got the Malala book from the library so I'll at least have that for June! Contemporary romance sounds good. Have you heard about the book Hello I Love You, where a girl falls in love with a Kpop star?

    1. Kathy: No way! Seriously? Jinjja? I need that one now!!!

  4. I really need to read "I Am Malala." I've had it on my kindle forever but I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'm pretty sure I'll be the last person on the planet to read it...

  5. Hope you read more in June! :-)

  6. I really enjoyed SUMMERLOST. It was a nice, old-fashioned kind of story. Sweet and fun and memorable.

  7. I'm not a rose person. I think they stink, and Hunger Games ruined them forever for me. Sadly, we have 2 bushes in our backyard. You should come take them.

  8. Hope this is the month that you beat the slump!!



Related Posts with Thumbnails