Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: Family Book Club Potentials
It's freebie day for our Top Ten prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish. And I'm awfully late posting, but I finally (with help) thought up a list.
So, we decided (sort of) to try doing a family book club. Someone posted the 200 Books Everyone Should Read List on Facebook and then we lamented all the books we haven't read yet. So I thought... let's read some! So I've used that list as a starting point, and then I've narrowed it down by selecting some I myself have yet to read. Here are those ten. Let me know if you've read any of these books and if so, if you think they'd work well for a family book club where all different ages and reading levels will be (I hope) participating.
I'd love your input!
Ten Potential Books for The Family Book Club
1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
2. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
3. Perfume by Patrick Suskind
4. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
5. The House of the Spirits by Isabelle Allende
6. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman
7. The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
8. The Plague by Albert Camus
9. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
10. The Ballad of the Sad Cafe by Carson McCullers
What do you think? Some of these are pretty obscure and I'd love to know if you've read them and are they good?