More blogging prompts for book bloggers! I think this is nearly over now, but I'm still "catching up!" Check out this post from Good Books and Good Wine for all the details.
Day Six: How I Shop for Books
I'm thinking that most of the time when I buy books it's because I'm going to a signing and I either want to support the author, or the bookstore, or I just really want the book! Also, I'll buy books in a series that I love and want to collect. Or I'll buy books by an author I love and want to collect. But usually, I have some idea of what the book is before I buy it, I'm not much into buying a random book anymore these days. Oh, and I'll buy cheap Kindle books too! Now and then.
Day Seven: My Blogging Quirks
Hmm... I'm a little stumped with this prompt! What ARE my blogging quirks?
- I'm bugged if I miss a day, though I'm trying really hard to get over that.
- I don't get very behind in reviews, not sure what this means. I don't read as much as everyone else maybe?
- I don't like writing detailed reviews. I feel it gives away too much of the book.
- After so many years at this, I still get instantly sad if a blog post has no comment love at all!
- I use these things....... way too much.
- I'm a haphazard blogger and don't over obsess about my posts, usually. I just throw them up.
- I'm not into the technical things because I feel that bottom line, I just want to talk books and reading, and that's pretty easy, technically.
- I love writing discussion posts, but I'm out of ideas for discussions.
- I blog much better if there is music blasting... and when I say blasting, I mean blasting.
Day Eight: 15 Things I Like (and I'll add... or Dont Like) On Blogs
- No clutter
- Some white space
- Fun colors
- Lots of personal and not just reviews
- No moving or glittering parts
- No auto music, but talking about and sharing music is fun!
- Lists and resources included
- About me pages
- A search bar
- Social media contacts easy to find near the top
- Easy to read fonts
- NO CAPTCHA
- I like it if I don't have to "click more" to read more, know what I mean?
- I like the comment button at the bottom of a post NOT the top.
- Drop down menus are cool and I'm starting wish I had some
Because I feel this overwhelming need to talk about them. And the overwhelming hope that someone might want to listen and talk back.
Day Ten: How Do I Choose What to Read Next?
Mostly by mood, but a lot of times it's because it's something that I've committed to review and the publish date is coming up, or I'm going to a signing and I want to read the book first, or a movie has come out and I want to read the book first, or whatever book club is reading, or I just bought it and I'm going to drop everything else to read it, or I join a read along, or.....
Coming up this week.... Days 11 through 15! Don't you LOVE how I'm doing this all wrong!! :)