When I got home from vacation, I discovered this fun little blogging writing prompt going on, so I want to participate even though I'm behind! Check out this post from Good Books and Good Wine for all the details.
Day One: 15 Book Related Confessions:
- I'm an old middle aged mom that loves to read YA romances.
- And I always seem to like the dark haired one...almost always.
- I don't care about plot holes, at all.
- I also don't care about grammar mistakes.
- I'm okay loaning out books as long as you've proven yourself a good returner...
- ... that is unless it's a signed book, especially a Markus Zusak signed book, and then no one will be getting that one!
- I'm not overly concerned about matching book sets, because a book is a book is a book.
- Which also means I've come to terms with the whole ebook/ereader thing and have embraced it!
- And about cover art? Eh, I'm not that into it, at least I don't think I am. Unless I'm being somehow subconsciously messed with.
- I used to read tons of classics, and now I think they are hard.
- I'm worried that I tend to remember some of those classics overly fondly, and that if I re-read them, they won't be as good as they were before.
- If I absolutely love a book with all my heart and someone argues against that book, it makes me so sad.
- I lay in bed at night and stare at all my unread books on the shelf and worry about ever getting to them.
- I think messy books are just as fun as organized books (do you remember Sabrina's dad's apartment in that movie, the one with Harrison Ford? I loved that place!)
- It doesn't totally freak me out to see the movie before the book... only a little.
Day Two: Bedtime ritual: I don't really have a ritual for reading at bedtime, except that it must happen. Lay down, grab book, and read... every night, without fail.
Day Three: Blogging BFFs: I can't tell you how much I hate this question. I have many blogging BFFs! Too many to list! You all know who you are! Many have become IRL friends thanks to the wonderful bookish community we have here in Utah! It's awesome.
Day Four: Book I flung: That other Yann Martel book! Loved Life of Pi, but hated Beatrice and Virgil! Talk about a book that manipulates its reader. Crazy. (Okay, so this is not the LATEST book I flung, but the one that stands out in my mind. Actually, I can't think of a book I flung lately.) And yes, I literally threw this book on the floor when I read that last sentence.
Day Five: Tear Jerker: The first book that I remember making me cry was The Good Earth. Even though that Chinese farmer was a mean old cuss, he worked so hard to make it on his farm, and in the end, all his sons wanted to do was sell it right from under his dying body. That KILLED me people!
Stay tuned for more catch up prompts!