Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: It's a Twofer!


I skipped Top Ten last week, but I wanted to still post about it since it's Halloween themed and Halloween is.. you know... tomorrow and all! So, here's TWO top ten lists... last week and this week! I know you'll be thrilled!

Oh, and be sure to head on over to The Broke and the Bookish for the lists and links and all the fun.

Last week:

Top Ten Books to Get Into the Halloween Spirit

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
7. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
8. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
9. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
10. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Oh... I get chills just reading that list!!

This week:

Top Ten Awesome Heroines
(yes, I changed the descriptive term, not a fan of that K word!) 

I'm hoping the definition of this term doesn't necessarily mean one who fights well, though I think that's what usually comes to mind. I guess I'm thinking of it more as a strong survivor type, or one who goes and makes things happen, not waiting for something to happen to them.

1. I'm sure Katniss is one everyone's list, so I'll just join the crowd and put her here on the top!
2. Sacagawea... the book I read and loved was by Anna Lee Waldo. Now there's a book I haven't thought about for awhile!
3. Sulan, from the recent book I read by Camille Picott.
4. Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
5. Mary Ingles from Follow the River by James Alexander Thom.
6. Kira from Partials by Dan Wells
7. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young
8. Siri from Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
9. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore
10. Elayne or Min from the Wheel of Time series, I couldn't decide which one!

Whew, that was harder than I thought it would be! Maybe I was being too picky in my definition?  Also, I was trying to be a little different (with the exception to Katniss.... and Katsa probably too.) Could you tell?

What would your list (s) look like?

9 comments:

  1. Great lists.I agree that Katniss is probably at the top of most lists.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lists! I'm going to have to check out some of those Halloween books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read and agree with every book on your Halloween list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I obviously changed the name of the list for today too :) And I tried to pick some unusual ones. I did put Saba on there, though. I'm glad to see a real live person (Sacagawea) on your list, since I put Corrie Ten Boom and her sister on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 1st list is great. I loved Rebecca, want to read Dr J and Mr H also Woman in White.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    LOVE Katsa and LOVE The Graveyard Book!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-kick-ass-heroines.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Katsa! She'd be at the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a novel abouta kick-tush Sacagawea? Whaaaat?

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm listening to The Graveyard Book now on audio and it is delightfully creepy without being terrifying!

    And I love that you included Katsa! She definitely should be on the list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails