Sunday, October 7, 2012

Currently: October!


CURRENTLY


(as written on Sunday afternoon)


Listening: the TV.... conference is over for a moment, and now there's political talk going on the TV. 

Eating: going to make more pumpkin cookies to take to the family gathering this evening. Lots and lots of cookies. But, we did have Hootenanny Pancakes this morning:



Loving:  that my daughter is home from the Shakespeare competition and  that she had fun and survived her first school trip experience and all is well!

Reading: Feedback by Robison Wells. Enjoying it. It stresses me out though. Read and finished Sulan this weekend too (by Camille Picott) which also stressed me out. I need a relaxing book!

Feeling: clean, just out of the shower!

Watching: Revenge (though not at this very moment) I've been catching up on season 1, watching two and three episodes at time the past few days. Good intense stuff. Loving Jack. :)




Wanting: to figure out how to make an Ezio costume for my son, the kid who never wants to dress up, but really wants to this year:




Needing: to write a ton of reviews. I don't usually get too behind, and... I'm behind.

Thinking: about book signings! Two big ones this week. Monday Maggie Stiefvater and Wednesday Lois Lowry. Fun, yes? 

Enjoying: Muse the 2nd Law.... especially Chris singing in this song:




What's going on with you this weekend? Anything you are currently doing that you'd like to share?


16 comments:

  1. I'll be at the Lois Lowry signing! I'll see you there! I love that your son wants to be the guy from Assassin's Creed. Good luck with that costume. What you call Hootenanny Pancakes, I call German Pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: Yep, German pancakes. I've no idea why we started calling them Hootenanny. For fun I guess!

      Delete
  2. I'll be at Lois Lowry, which you know of course. ;) And, I also love that song on the new Muse album. It's really cool to have a song sung my someone other than Matthew Bellamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll also be at the Maggie Stiefvater signing tomorrow. I'm SO excited! :D

      Delete
  3. Lois Lowry is going to be here in Arizona on Wednesday. I'll be on Lake Powell that day, so I'll miss her. Bummer. She would have been a fun one to see. I'll just look forward to your report from her Utah signing instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: But... Lake Powell is pretty awesome too!

      Delete
  4. Did you catch Muse on SNL last night? You have got a couple of great signings coming on this week; very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Nope, I don't watch SNL... were they so very awesome? What song did they sing?

      Delete
  5. I love Revenge! My friends and I gathered to watch the season finale and the latest premiere. I'm a Nolan fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate: Yes, Nolan is growing on me. Not sure yet what he is all about, but he makes me smile.

      Delete
  6. Great post! I did my own version over at my blog
    http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/currently.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth: Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  7. those signings sound exciting. and good luck w/ the costume creation! I think this will be the first year N has shown zero interest in costumes--which worries me that we will have to come up with something even more last minute than usual.

    ~L (omphaloskepsis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L: Not sure it's going to work out to his high standard, but we'll see.

      Delete
  8. This is really worth reading, it has too much details in it and yet it is so simple to understand, Thanks for sharing the picture it has great detail in it and i really appreciate your true artistic work!


    Online GED Diploma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails