Saturday, July 31, 2010

July Monthly Recap

Here's what I managed to fit in this month:


The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner: Our favorite thief, Gen, has a new life he must figure out how to deal with and not lose face with anyone, especially the queen.

Captivate by Carrie Jones: A new threat shows up on the scene that throws Zara, and her friends, for a loop.

Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner: Jessica and Brady get together out in the wild west and help each other to face their major issues.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon: Christopher sets out to solve the murder of his neighbor's dog and gets much more than he bargains for.

The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan: The saga of Rand and his friends continue as Rand sets out to find the crystal sword.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: Grace has an obsession for the wolves living in the woods near her house, especially for one wolf in particular.

This is What I Did: by Ann Dee Ellis: Logan must come to terms with a violent event he's recently witnessed involving a couple of his friends.


Favorites for this month: I'd have to say The King of Attolia, Pieces of Sky and The Dragon Reborn. 


Plans for next month: 

  • Read a newly received ARC and review it
  • MOCKINGJAY!!!
  • Finish up the Queen's Thief series
  • Read another one or two books from the TBR Challenge list
  • Try to get back into the classics
  • Maybe start on the next WoT book
  • Polish off a few library books
  • Oh, and there's a read along for Children of God, the sequel to The Sparrow!
How was your month and what are you plans for next month?

10 comments:

  1. I really want to read Shiver. The book seems interesting but I put keep putting it off. It's incredibly rare (very, very) rare I actually enjoy a YA book. I'm not sure why that is... I keep expecting the next one I read to wow me and Shiver, while seeming interesting and I've heard great things about it, has been marketed as a YA book (unless I'm totally wrong in that). I'm really reluctant to read it for that reason, I guess. I'll have to just suck it up and read it. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah: I'll review it soon so you'll know more what I thought, but yes, I did like it. Maybe it's because like Grace, I'm fascinated with wolves... I don't know. But I just want to say, there's tons of great YA books out there, so I hope you take the plunge and try a few soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that Kaki Warner book. The next one to is good.

    Here is my post: TSS: What Books I Read in July

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED The King's Thief, my favorite of the series. I could not put it down. I read the whole series in about a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I have no aphorisms for you...but I take it you are excited about Mockinjay by all the CAPS!!!! :) I'm just getting to the first one. I tried once before and couldn't really get into it, but I'll try again....peer pressure like I mentioned on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so looking forward to Mockingjay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait for Mockingjay!!!!! BUT, I'm so worried I won't be able to finish it completely before all the talk (and spoilers) begin! ARGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gautami: I think I will be for sure checking out that next Warner book.

    Jana: Wow, a week! Fun stuff.

    Unfinished: Good luck with Hunger Games. I hope you love it this time around. Book peer pressure is a fun thing!

    Amanda: Yes! It's going to be fun!

    Tif: You'll just have to read it that first day. But I know, the blogs will be full of spoilers after that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha...I just had to laugh when I saw that you have The King of Attolia on your list of books read. Again, my question to you has been answered.
    I am going to start this book this week. After I am done with it, I am going to read your review. I hope I like it as much as I have liked the other two. Funny thing, The Thief was a book that we gave my 12 year old for Christmas, and here I am...loving the series and she has yet to read it. ha.

    You have an interesting list of books that you read. I am going to take a closer look at your reviews...next week once my internet free week is over.

    I so plan on reading Mockingjay once it is released. Did you pre-order the book?

    You have quite an impressive list of plans for next month. Very cool.

    Do you think you will start the 4th book in the WoT series? I am going to, but it will probably take me a good month to finish it since it will not be only read.

    Have a great week Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ibeeeg: I haven't pre-ordered Mockingjay yet. Trying to decide if I should, or just go buy it that day. That worked last time, but not sure it will work again this time.

    Yes, I really hope to start book four this month, but like you, it takes me awhile because I also read other books with it. Usually anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails