It's time for the Weekly Geeks "Best Books of 2009" list! This means we make suggestions on our blogs and then the Weekly Geek team will compile the lists and come up with one big list of books, published this year, that bloggers found to be the very best.
My problem is that I read TONS of books not published in that current year. And in fact, sometimes I think I'm reading a "new" book but in reality it's several years old or something. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge and with a bit of research, here are the books I liked the best from what I read of 2009 books:
1. Wings by Aprilynne Pike: YA Fantasy
2. Just One Wish by Jannette Rallison: YA
3. Beach Trip by Cathy Holton: General Literary Fiction
4. Homer and Langley by E.L. Doctorow: Historical Fiction
5. The Way He Lived by Emily Wing Smith: YA
6. Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunnant: Historical Fiction
7. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon: Paranormal/Thriller
8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner: YA Science Fiction
9. Black Angels by Linda Beatrice Brown: YA Historical Fiction
10. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford: Historical Fiction
Wow. There's more than I thought! Anyway, stay tuned for my list of favorites from everything I read this year, coming up in about month. Ah, I love that year end book number crunching business!