Saturday, August 2, 2008

July Recap

Even though I'm off camping, I'm trying out my new found use of the "schedule to post later" feature. I know... I'm a little slow, but hey, I'll get this all figured out one of these years!

The month started out slow, but ended up not so bad after all. Here's a recap of what I read with little bitty blurbs:

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George: A wonderful Danish (Swedish? Finnish? I forget now!) fairy tale re-told, with a bit of a Beauty and the Beast overtone to it.

Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult: Delia helps rescue missing people. When she learns things about her past, who will come to her rescue?

It's a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison: It's strange the things you learn while working in the mall. One of them is that it appears you best friend's boyfriend is two-timing her! Now... what to do about it!

Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle by Rosalind Miles: Tristan and Isolde meet under strange circumstances and fall in love. But life is not happily ever after for them.

Amazing Gracie by A.E. Cannon: Gracie has to deal with her moving, her new step-dad and her mom's major depression.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery: The Little Prince comes to Earth and tells the narrator about his other planetary travels.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: Macy is still trying to cope with her father's death after nearly two years. The summer her perfect boyfriend leaves for brain camp, she meets some new friends who help her do that.

The Never War by D.J. MacHale: Bobby Pendragon gets mixed up in the Hindenburg disaster.

All's Fair in Love, and War, and High School by Janette Rallison: Samantha decides to run for student body president, meanwhile her friend challenges her to go two weeks without insulting anyone.

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger: Holden Caulfield wanders around NY while complaining about nearly everyone and everything he sees. This kid needs a friend.

War and Peace... still coming along... slowly but surely! :)

Favorites of the month: Isolde, The Truth About Forever, The Catcher in the Rye

(Don't forget to enter my first giveaway for Farworld: Water Keep!)

3 comments:

  1. I think these are my favorite posts. They get me interested without bogging me down and I can always look up reviews to see if I want to add anything.

    Hope your camping trip is great, and that no one gets sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monthly summary posts! Your books this month were pretty diverse and numerous. Have you read any of Shannon Hale's books? How do you think Jessica Day George compares?

    Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society
    http://thebluestockings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back from camping and no one sick!

    Glad you guys like these recaps. I love trying to think of a way to describe a book in one sentence. (or two sometimes!)

    Jessica: Yes, I've read all of Shannon Hales books. I think Jessica Day George is very similiar, but I still like Shannon's books better. Her way with words is just, so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails