Friday, June 23, 2017

Book Review: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

Book: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
Genre: YA romance
Rating:★★★★☆

So our girl, Jessie, moves to a new school in LA with her dad and her new stepmom. She is not happy. She is depressed and bugged and angry. After the first week she gets an email from someone who says they will be her guide through the roughness that is the new school. This person does not reveal him or herself, but Jessie is pretty sure it's a guy.

And thus begins a friendship all in written form. It quickly changes to texts and Jessie begins to rely on the banter and companionship she finds with this person that she doesn't know.

Meanwhile, she forges through and makes friends, gets a job and falls in love with the unattainable guy. She has a fight with her dad. She gets to know her step brother better. And she goes home for a weekend to find out that her best friend she left behind has changed. Or has she herself changed?

Pretty soon she is dying to meet whoever is writing to her. And she is trying and failing to guess who he is. But then finally, one day, they meet.

Guys. I love this kind of stuff. I have no idea why. But it's just... fun! This one was a little gritty in parts, and sad in parts. But overall, an uplifting... I got this! sort of attitude. I really enjoyed it.

Oh, the title refers to the fact that the two of them tell each other three interesting things about themselves every day. Sweet, eh?

On to the next book!!! I AM READING!!!


4 comments:

  1. This one has been on the list for a while, and it actually sounds cute to me. YAY FOR SUEY READING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you reading more. ;) I have this one on my kindle and now I want to read it sooner rather than later.

    Kami, you win this round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! you're reading more! Now I need to get my butt in gear, lol. Maybe, I need to read light, fluffy romances too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails