Many pooh pooh the whole New Year goal making tradition, but I can't seem to let it go. I have an overwhelming urge at the change of the year (or the season, or the school year) to make an effort to start again, to recommit, to make lists. Here are some thoughts I've had for various areas of my life... for now:
- My Goodreads number for this year has been set at 80!
- I want to read more adult books, more non fiction books and more classic books.
- And yet, I still want to keep up with the favorite YA authors and series and local authors and their new books!
- I want to host a couple of read alongs again. (We are thinking of a Little Women one... soon. Very soon!)
- I will probably not accept many ARCs this year or request much from NetGalley.
- In order to make way for some other goals, I think blogging will take more of a back seat role this year. We'll see how it goes... and maybe you'll not notice much. Maybe it will make me too crazy, but basically, I plan to not blog as often...as in, not every day. Maybe more like three times a week or so. Unless I have way too much to say!
- I want to shake up my review system a bit, but I'm not sure how. I'm going to bag the discussion question and just write a quick blurb and a quick reaction. We'll see how it goes and maybe the change will also end up being very subtle.
- I want to keep Book Bantering with Jenny!
- Visit more blogs and reconnect with long lost blogging buddies!
- Get caught up on print out some blog posts and adding them to the binder.
- This needs to become more of a priority, like... ahead of blogging.
- I want to make changes to the first book according to feedback from beta readers.
- I want to finish and revise the recent Nano book and start getting feedback for it.
- Which means the other book will still have to wait it's turn for some attention.
- I want to start researching agents and the like. Freaky! Which means maybe NEXT year I'll be ready to query and pitch. Maybe.
- I plan to attend two conferences. Maybe more.
- I hope to keep the online writing group going. And if that doesn't work.. find a real, in life serious writing group. Sigh.
- Keep going to UVW when I can. Renew membership in March.
- Zumba, every day! (Or, at least four or five times a week.) Other strength exercises that work for me and that I have the ability to do. (Whatever that is!)
- Eat healthy. (Just as soon as all the chocolate in this house is gone! LOL!)
- Finish the hexagon wall hanging quilt!
- Clean up some hoarder stashes found in various corners of this house! Get rid of junk!
- Figure out what it means to be a grandma and do it. (Babysit? Re-enter the picture book world? I don't know!)
- Make some vacation movies... print up the pictures.
Well, I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop there. And yeah that's more than ten, but that was just a guideline, right?
What do you have planned for the new year? Link up over at The Broke and the Bookish today!