Monday, January 4, 2016

Book Review: Eleanor and the Iron King by Julie Daines

Book: Eleanor and the Iron King by Julie Daines
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
For: Fun (Local/Utah authors)
From: Bought at a writing conference awhile back

Short Synopsis: Eleanor is being forced by her ruthless dad to go to the rival kingdom and marry its king in order to seal the agreement and solidify new alliances. She is not happy. She'd rather stay home and marry one of her dad's guards. But, she goes, and finds out the king is not so bad after all, and in fact when lots of strange things begin to happen, she finds herself on his side more than her own kingdom's.

My Response: Another fun romp of a fairy type tale from this author. Some fun twists and turns here and there, some fun bantering and flirty fluff. Lots and lots of Welsh influences and a creepy mythical tone. I love stuff like this!

Bottom Line: Very fun for lovers of fairy tales and flirty fantasy fun!

Other Reviews:

Eleanor must learn how to sort out the truth and the lies that have surrounded her for her entire life. I loved watching the characters learn and grow together. From I Am a Reader

There was lots of mystery in the book as we have no idea who’s right and wrong and who exactly the villain is. From Book Binge

The pacing of this book is fantastic! We get little bits of information at a time which kept me endlessly reading one more chapter until I was done From Mel's Shelves

They start as purely enemies, but when they actually meet, “stranger danger” becomes a scary reality for Eleanor. They go from enemies-strangers to frenemies to something more and I love the growth of that undeniable bond between them. From The Mistress Case

7 comments:

  1. Have I even heard of this author? I feel so out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: I've mentioned her a few times before.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really fun book. I still haven't read any of her books yet, but this one might be a good one to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jenny. Who is this author? This book looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: Do you remember when we started the writing group two years ago and we met at the Provo Library and talked about stuff and we went together to a class about first chapters? I think you were there, yes? Well, this author is the one that did that class. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a fun read! I think it's great that you're finding gems like this from local authors :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails