Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: New to Me Authors This Year
One thing I love about looking back at the year's reading experience, is what new authors did I discover? New to me authors that is. Some of them you might be thinking... what took you so long? Yeah, well... I'm trying!!!
Here's a few authors I discovered this year:
1. Kate Morton: We read her book, The Forgotten Garden, for book club and I'm anxious to find more of hers.
2. Rene Denfeld: a review book that I sort of accidentally ended up reading and it turned out to be one of the most unique books of the year.
3. Daniel Coleman: I talked to him at a local author event and was fascinated by the fact that he's a firefighter that writes fairy tale retellings on the side. I was blown away by how much I enjoyed his book about the Jabberwocky.
4. Lisa Jensen: Lovely retelling of Peter Pan from Hook's point of view. I will be keeping her name in my sights.
5. Heather Young: She approached me to read her book. I was glad I did it!
6. Kiera Cass: popular author of a popular series that I finally jumped into this year.
7. Sarah M. Eden: another popular local author who writes fun historical romance. I need to read more!
8. Cristin Terrill: she wrote a book I hadn't heard of until I read it, All Our Yesterdays, and I loved it!
9. Claudia Gray: I was asked to be part of blog tour for her and her new book, A Thousand Pieces of You, and I loved it! :)
10. Luanne Rice: I think she's written many books that have not been on my radar at all, but after reading a little book called The Letters this year, I might be paying more attention.
What new (to you) authors did you discover this year? Link up over at the Broke and the Bookish!