Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Goals for 2015
Well, in order to write this post I went and looked up last years goals. Hmmm. I guess I did okay on some and not so okay on others. And now I just want to copy and paste the whole list here and simply say, ditto. But I won't. I will think of new ways to say the same goals!
Top Ten Bookish/Blogging/Writing/Anything Goals for 2015
1. Keep blogging. I thought I'd never get to the point of wondering if I should keep up this hobby because I really do love it way too much. And while I'm no where near wanting to quit, I am thinking much more often things like... why am I doing this again? Is this still worth it? Where are my readers? Is anyone out there? Do I still have something to say? Etc. etc. etc. This year, I will keep blogging and stop thinking those dumb things.
2. Keep writing. Last year I had a great newbie writing year. This year, I would like to recommit do the writing thing and jump in even more over my head by going to more conferences. (I have already registered for one and have signed up for their boot camp which sounds at once terrifying and a blast!) This year, I'd like to get my last year's Nano story to the point of sending it out to beta readers. But first I need to understand what that even means!
3. Keep reading. I will continue to read the new and shiny books when I feel moved to. I will continue to read more non-fiction books. I will try to bite off a few more classics, because I truly miss them. I will continue to support local authors and read as much as I can from their piles. I will continue to whittle away at the books I already have and try to finish up the series I've already started.
4. Keep being involved. Sometimes being involved in the bookish blogging community can be a bit stressful, but it's always fun and I'll keep doing what I've been doing. If something new and wonderful comes along, who knows if I might just add it to the list too!
5. Keep exercising. Well, I've gone in spurts on this, but I'm going to keep trying. Zumba, Fitbit, My Fitness Pal, watch out! And while I know this is not blogging/reading/writing related... it sort of is because if I don't feel like I've done this goal, I don't feel like I can do any of the others. Know what I mean? This one needs to come first.
6. Start quilting... again. I've been feeling very guilty seeing all my unfinished neglected quilting projects laying all over the place. Maybe somehow, someway I can figure out how to fit in finish up a few of those? Any suggestions, I'm all ears.
7. Start organizing. I am anxious just thinking about a couple of rooms in this house that have been piled high with crap. I need to purge and clean. As part of this, I need to finish up and put away scrap book messes that have been piled for years now. So sad. If only I could take a whole week or so and just do this then maybe I can concentrate more fully on some of these other goals!
8. Start a list book. I may do a whole post about this if you're interested. But in order to keep the creative ideas coming, I want to make lists, like in a obsessive, over the top way. I'm still trying to work the details out myself on this one, but there you go. A little teaser.
9. Keep working on stuff from my 50 Bookish Things list. Did I mark anything off this year? Yes! ComicCon and Nano! :) Next year? Maybe a vlog? Or a retreat? Hmmm....the possibilities!
10. Keep having fun. This was on my goals list last year and I think I'll keep here this year. What say you? We should all keep having fun, right?
Anyway, there you go for what it's worth. I love how the new year makes us all want to recommit to doing better, or doing new things or just doing. It's awesome.
If you write up a goals post, be sure to link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!