Saturday, November 15, 2014
NaNoWriMo 2014: Google Searching
We're half way there! Wow, time flies!
One of the most interesting things about writing a book is researching. And by researching I mean simply finding the answers to questions that come up as you are in the middle of a scene or something. Or you are pondering something but then you don't feel like you can write it correctly until you google around for a minute. It happens pretty much constantly. And I love it though it is EXTREMELY distracting to doing the actual writing and can make what would be an hour writing moment turn into hours and hours.
So, I've been making a list of stuff I've been googling this week:
* John Travolta movies of the 70s
* Led Zeppelin
* How long ET was in the theater
* renting VCRs and what movies were available to rent in the 80s
* what a bracelet from Poland would look like
* 80s slang
* what was playing in theater on specific weekends in 1982.
* what songs were on the radio during specific weeks in 1982
* Flock of Segulls, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, B 52s
* My Favorite Year
What have you been learning about for your Nano writing experience?
And now I'm off to try and get to 25,000 today, the half way point. I have a couple thousand to write. Wish me luck!