Yeah, that's a mouthful! So we always answer the question, what books would we want with us should we happen to be stranded on an deserted island. But today over at The Broke and the Bookish we are thinking what characters. In which case the island would not be too deserted! So these characters would probably be with us on the boat, and they'd be part of the whole sinking scenario and we all survive and are now all on the island together. What a party!
I'm thinking I'd want:
1. Perry from Under the Never Sky... I think his outdoorsy skills would probably come in very handy, yes?
2. Katniss from The Hunger Games... it's the hunting I'm thinking of here. Plus, she'd probably make a pretty cool friend.
3. Jacob from Twilight... if it gets cold on this island, he's going to keep me warm.
4. Robinson Crusoe... because he's got this gig down!
5. Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings... just because I love him.
6. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables... for the cheering up factor and all that positive thinking. I'm okay if she brings Gilbert along too.
7. Kvothe from The Kingkiller Chronicles... because I think he'd be a great protector. And he's awesome.
8. Edmund Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo... he has this island gig thing down too! So, just in case we all want to escape...
9. Shalan from Words of Radiance... because she's a Soulcaster (I think, right?) and that'll be good for us, I promise.
10. Ron from Harry Potter... more magical goodness (even though he might not get it right) but mostly for the funny factor!
Who would you pick to be stranded with? Link up your list over at the Broke and the Bookish!
(I picked a lot of redheads! I wonder what's up with that!)