(Written on Saturday evening, our last day on vacation. Coming home tomorrow, back to reality.)
Listening: Random playlists on my iPod.
Watching: At this very moment, we are sitting in a hotel in Las Vegas (well, technically Henderson) waiting for Ghost Adventures to start so we can see the Whaley House, which we just visited in San Diego, being featured. We excited! We want to hear all the stories!
Reading: I've read quite a bit on this vacation. Currently, I'm in the middle of The False Princess for book club. But I loved reading the latest from Kasie West, On the Fence, which comes out in July.
Writing: Not doing well here. Still working on editing the Nano project. I go in spurts. I'm hoping to have a big spurt this coming week!
Blogging: Survived Armchair BEA. I was pretty active for the first part of the week, but then had to get ready and then leave for vacation the second part. I didn't visit many blogs, sadly. Maybe I'll catch up to a few.
Eating: Oh my word, eating on vacation as been terrible and wonderful! We've had British, Italian, French, Mexican, Greek, Japanese and Chinese! And lots of American hamburgers too! And fudge from Old Town!
Crafting: What? Crafting? What's that?
Miscellaneous Vacation Notes:
- We survived a day in Disneyland. I could never do three or five days like most people do. But we kept track of the rides we rode... it came to 20 which meant it cost us $5 a ride. Worth it? Or no?
- San Diego is an awesome city. We love that place!
- We visited the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. That was awesome too.
- We saw Edge of Tomorrow instead of The Fault in Our Stars.
- We walked on the beach only for a minute.
- We spent a day at the zoo. Love the zoo there.
- Las Vegas is HOT. San Diego is PERFECT!
- There's some really weird shiny things in the middle of the desert. They will blind you. Just outside of Las Vegas. Be warned if you are driving that direction.
- Using Airbnb.com was great again! Nice apartment in the Old Town neighborhood! Better than hotels.
Well, enough of what I've been doing. What have you all been up to?
|Panoramic view from Cabrillo National Monument|
|Our apartment for the week.|
|The back of the haunted Whaley House.|
|Eating Dole Whip at Disneyland.|
|On the beach.|
|Old Town San Diego|
|Sunset in Las Vegas|
|Fountains at the Belagio|
|Becoming a soldier at the Mormon Battalion Center|
|The baby panda is getting big!|
|The shiny things in the desert!|