Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Book Review Discussion: The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal

Book: The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
For: Book Club
From: The library

Short Synopsis: Our girl, who ends up being called Sinda, was raised a princess. But then she learns, as the book opens, that she is in fact, not the princess. And she must leave all she knows, including her best friend that's a boy, and go live with her aunt, who she has never met. While there, she learns some stuff that begins to change everything. And she misses that boy like crazy! (Dang, I already forgot his name....) And then, wow, things get COMPLICATED! It becomes a mystery of sorts and it's a fun one to figure out.

My Response: Very fun! I really enjoyed this one! A fun fairy tale an intriguing plot and great characters. Sweet romance.. .the best friend romance of course. That's always a good one! And wicked people. Yeah, what's not to like!? But I can't really come up with anything to actually talk about. We'll be discussing this book at book club tomorrow and... good luck to us!

Bottom line: Fun and cute. Fairy tale lovers, I suggest you read this one soon. (That is, if you haven't already because it's kind of oldish, bookishly speaking.)

Let's Talk About: Okay, so I mentioned the best friend turns to love thing. I've read two books back to back lately where this is the case. I LOVE these sorts of romances! Love. So that's what I most enjoyed about this one actually. But... what do YOU think about them? Do you enjoy them too? Is it too predictable? Or does that even matter?

Other Reviews:

I still loved how it developed, how she began to understand what she felt, and the sweetness of their scenes together (this book held one of the few kissing scenes I've read recently that felt real). From One Librarian's Book Reviews

There are plenty of things to enjoy in The False Princess including boy next door love. From Good Books Good Wine

This book has something for everyone. It falls into both the historical fiction and fantasy categories. From A Backward Story

Getting into this story is a simple thing. Once it picks up, it moves faster and faster and faster. There’s a great, amazing whirlwind, then it’s over. From Proud Book Nerd

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy romances that started with friendship, especially when they work out. I like that the characters have a foundation for their relationship and it isn't just insta-love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's a good thing no one will be there tomorrow?! Yeah, I liked it a lot and I loved that two came together and that there was NO LOVE TRIANGLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails