Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Cowboys and Indians
Today's Broke and Bookish Top Ten prompt is to do a repeat of something we've done before. I'm not sure which previous prompt I've picked but I'm sure it falls into some category or another, right? Perhaps "Books About X"? Because since the subject of cowboy and Indians has been much on my mind lately, I thought I'd list some of my favorite books with that as its theme.
Top Ten Books About Cowboys and Indians
1. Dances With Wolves by Michael Blake
2. Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo
3. Follow the River by James Alexander Thom
4. These is my Words by Nancy Turner
5. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
6. The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynn Reid Banks
7. From Sea to Shining Sea by James Alexander Thom
8. One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
9. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
10. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
And really, that's just a start. What book do you think should be on this list? What's an awesome tale of cowboys and Indians that I totally need to read?