Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Top Ten Tuesday: Things on My Reading Wishlist
This week over at the Broke and the Bookish they are asking for things we wish we could find in more stories.
Now, okay. I'm a little scared about sharing my list because these are the things I want to write about should I actually fall into this writing thing as I'm hoping to do. Because, as they say, write what you want to read, and this is what I want to read yet haven't really come across out there in bookland. And sharing ideas is scary, sort of. Am I right?
Things on My Reading Wishlist
(aka. Things I Want to Write About)
1. YA cowboy romance
2. YA space opera
3. an 80s teen drama
4. a story starring band geeks
5. more books where ordinary people are the heroes
6. more books with vulnerable villains
7. a love story set in the late 30s just before WWII breaks out
8. a romance starring a socially awkward yet surprisingly brilliant boy
9. more books were best friends fall in love
10. more books that are inspired by song lyrics
What things do you want more of in your stories? And, would you read stories like the ones I've listed?