Oh boy, I'm not sure it's worth even doing a recap this month. Sad sad reading month, and I have no idea why! Was it THAT busy? It had its moments but I didn't think it was this bad. Wow. And there's not even a big hard book to blame it on either. What is going on with me?
Anyway, here's what I did mange:
Not Exactly a Love Story by Audrey Couloumbis: A cute retro love story set in the 70s from a guy's point of view. (Review of this to come next week.)
The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima: The second book of this awesome fantasy series where our heroes are going to a wizard/magic/soldier school.
Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman: The story of a girl who marries a Canadian policeman and goes off into the wild north and has adventures.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth: The second book of the series which has Tris and Four trying to figure out how to defeat those leaders trying to take over.
Favorite of the month: The Exiled Queen for sure.
Plans for December:
- finish A Tale of Two Cities. Almost done! Really enjoying this one... it's crazy how much easier it is to understand as an adult than it was as a 14 year old!
- finish The Hobbit before movie day!
- re-read Unwind for book club
- read Unwholly for book club too maybe.
- Check out The Summer I Turned Pretty from the library and read it so I can discuss with Jenny
- Finish The Devoted, a review book.
- Maybe read Dragonfly in Amber, which I have on my Kindle from the library.. but it's HUGE!
- Read Reached, which I should have read already by now.
- and that's probably way more than I can handle, sadly.
Hopefully you all did better! Here's to next month!