Ten Books I'd Want on a Deserted Island
1. Complete works of Jane Austen (this is not cheating, is it?) Yes, I would be fine reading these books over and over again.
2. Something by Markus Zusak, of course. Duh. But which one? You know, I think reading The Book Thief over and over again would be a little depressing, and I feel like I Am the Messenger is much more uplifting and all happy-making, so perhaps that one? Yes, let's say that one!
3. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I've only read this saga once, but I think I could handle it a few more times on my island!
4. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I've read this one twice already. The first time, I didn't understand a word (I was only 14), the second time I loved every bit of it. If I could read it over and over and over again, I think I would love discovering new things about it every single time. This book has EVERYTHING!
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Just because it's so beautiful.
6. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.... ditto. So beautiful.
7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I know! Don't even say it! But I love this book!
8. Clarissa by Samuel Richardson. I bet I would have time to get through this one! And it would be nice to have a big huge book there that I've not yet read.
9. Okay fine, I should have my scriptures there too. Maybe I'd even read them!
10. Some survival book, and/or deserted island cookbook. Please? Can I include that here?
What books would you take on your trip to the island? Come join in over at The Broke and the Bookish!