Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: Two British girls join the forces in WWII, one as a pilot and one as a spy.
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: This guy hunts ghosts, but when he comes to hung Anna, things change.
I Believe in Jesus Too by Mark S. Nielsen: Children all over the world share how they worship.
About a Boy by Nick Hornby: Will feels no connection with the world until he meets Marcus.
Cayman Summer by Angela Morrison: Michael and Leesie have a happily ever after.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: Wade competes in a futuristic video game to win the virtual reality world called Oasis.
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne: Fourteen kids are stranded in a department store after a disaster occurs.
Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale: Miri goes to the big city to go to school and help advise the new princess. (Review to come later... this book will be released in August.)
Not bad, but I'm still ten books behind if I want to read 100 this year. Yeah, whatever. My favorites of this bunch: About a Boy, and Code Name Verity... and probably Ready Player One too.
Plans for July:
- Keep working on Robin Hood, which I've totally neglected.
- Re-read A Tale of Two Cities
- Re-read Pride and Prejudice with Jenni.
- Read for the first time the two little, early Jane Austen books... Lady Susan and Love and Friendship
- Finish Forever Odd, maybe even this very today!
- Read one or two from this list.
- Gear up for Utah Book Month in August!