from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Ah Elizabeth. Where to start? Here's what I love about her:
- She is so very witty! She makes me LOL constantly with her subtle and not-so-subtle wise cracks. I think she gets this from her dad.
- She seems down to earth and practical. Her other sisters, Jane included, seem (or should we say ARE) a bit flighty and silly and simple. She has a good head on her shoulders and seems to just "get it."
- She is passionate. She doesn't do things half-heartedly. When she falls, she falls fast and hard!
- She is swayed by prejudice, of course, which moves this story. But she doesn't have the pride to let that stop her from changing her mind. That's cool.
- She is a perfect match for Mr. Darcy!
- She has a gazillion nicknames!
I don't know what else, she is just basically an all round fun character. What do YOU love about Elizabeth?