Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Sunday Salon: Reading Updates


It's snowing today! I think I'm ready to break out the Christmas music!

Here's what I've been reading this past week:

I started White Cat by Holly Black on Friday evening and finished it this morning. Awesome book. Very unique take on that supernatural thing everyone is so obsessed with. Review to come this week.

I also finished the first book in the Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody. This first book is a very small tiny thing, but for some reason it still took me what felt like forever to read it. The first half anyway. The second half went much quicker and I become much more engaged and I think that yes, I will try more of this series.

Today, I started and have now read half of Wake by Lisa McMann. Wow, I've heard a lot about this book and it's nice to finally be reading it. I'm gripped. I'm hooked. I'm swallowing it whole!

Meanwhile, I need to start The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope for the Classics Circuit for which I'm on the schedule later in December. I've a feeling it might take me awhile to read that one. And I don't want it to be nagging at me when I start the next Wheel of Time book shortly either. Can't wait to start that one. And I always forget the name of that next one... (looking it up now)...... The Fires of Heaven! Yes, that's it! :)

Oh, and then there's The Riddle, which I'm meant to be reading for a read along. But, I'm only a few chapters in and have already missed the deadline. I will continue with the series, but I may have to read them at a bit slower pace then the read along is suggesting. Know what I mean?

This past week we had our Count of Monte Cristo book club. I'm hoping to do a report on that tomorrow for those interested. I've also been assigned my day for the Virtual Advent Tour (Dec. 22) and my blogger for the  Blogger Holiday Swap (ha not sayin'!) This will be my fourth year, I think, participating in both of these super fun bloggish holiday events! Thanks guys for keeping them up.

Yesterday it was my day to post a Weekly Geek assignment and do you know, I completely forgot! And I totally even had an idea! So, that went up today, a day late, and so if you participate in that lovely meme, do head on over and see what my question is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails