Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Review: Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart


Book: Nothing But Ghosts by Beth Kephart
Genre: YA
Rating: A
For: Fun
From: the library

After hearing so many rave reviews about this book from fellow bloggers, I decided to snag it up quickly when I saw it available at the library. And then somehow, I managed to fit it this "for fun" read amongst all the "deadline" reads of this past month! Cool when that happens.

The story is about a young girl, Katie, who is struggling with her mom's death. She and her dad seem fine, and things appear to be going well, but she needs answers. To help her with her own questions, she ends up researching the life of her employer, the lady that owns the huge estate where she is working during this particular summer as gardening help. In the process, she learns things both about the past, and her own present struggles.

I totally enjoyed this quick read, with its beautiful poetical descriptions. As a reader, you totally get a feel for the setting, the characters, and the sadness. It's a beautiful story.

Bottom line: I liked it a lot!

Other reviews:



4 comments:

  1. I have also added this to my list from so many bloggers recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another book I've had on my TBR pile for awhile! :) I really must get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it; Beth Kephart really is a beautiful writer. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails