Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekly Geeks 2009.27: Best Movie Adaptations

Over at Weekly Geeks this week it's all about movies, specifically, what movies we think were wonderful adaptations from books. I think there's many, but the first ones that come to mind for me are:

Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth one of course)


The Lord of the Rings (I especially like the first one)



Holes (we've watched it over and over)



Chocolat (I love this movie, but have never read the book... yet... so I'm wondering if it's a good adaptation or not. What do you think?)



The Princess Bride (one of my all time favorites)




I'm really looking forward to the adaptations of The Time Traveler's Wife, The Hunger Games (there is going to be one right?), Beastly, Pope Joan and The Lightning Thief..... and.... what else? I know there's more! Oh, New Moon of course! :)

I think a good movie could be made from The Goose Girl, Katherine, and perhaps The Book Thief. Oh, and maybe a gazillion others.

Ah, books and movies, both so fun!


6 comments:

  1. I actually like both versions of P&P equally. I think both are well done, and actually did up a comparison post of both movies and the book awhile back on my Ramblings blog. See, I just don't like Colin Firth that much. He acts well, but to me he's so U-G-L-Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie version of Chocolat better than the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both versions of Pride and Prejudice as well.:) I LOVE Lord of the Rings. One of my favorite trilogies! I'm so excited for the Hunger Games! That is going to be an amazing movie! Percy Jackson looks good as well, and of course New Moon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lahni -- the movie Chocolat is better than the book. Yes, there's going to be a Hunger Games movie (crossing my fingers). I should watch Holes (my girls liked it). Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Chocolat! I can't wait for Time Traveler's Wife....I'm wondering if I should re read the book first?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda... wow, you ARE being brave to admit to that ugly statment! :) I've never heard that word and Colin Firth in the same sentence before. Fascinating!

    Lahni... I'm still thinking I may read the book one day. Hopefully it won't ruin the movie for me.

    Chantele... all those upcoming movies look so fun, don't they.

    Melissa... yes, do watch Holes for sure.

    Kristina.... I've decided I don't like to re-read books before watching the movie because the movie is more fun since usually I don't remember what's going to happen. Also, I'm not looking for things that are "wrong."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails