This was the question from last week's Booking Through Thursday:
One of my favorite sci-fi authors (Sharon Lee) has declared June 23rd Fantasy and Science Fiction Writers Day.
As she puts it:
So! In my Official Capacity as a writer of science fiction and fantasy, I hereby proclaim June 23
Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Day! A day of celebration and wonder! A day for all of us readers of science fiction and fantasy to reach out and say thank you to our favorite writers. A day, perhaps, to blog about our favorite sf/f writers. A day to reflect upon how written science fiction and fantasy has changed your life.
So … what might you do on the 23rd to celebrate? Do you even read fantasy/sci-fi? Why? Why not?
I LOVE fantasy/sci-fi stuff. And what will I do to celebrate? Post another Suey's Top Ten!
Suey's Top Ten Fantasy/Sci-Fi
1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
3. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
4. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
5. The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
6. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
9. Beauty by Robin McKinley
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
There's so much I haven't read. I'm sure this list is very much lacking some of the biggies. I wish I had time to read just fantasy series and get all caught up. The Wheel of Time series, the Discworld series, countless YA series..... the list is endless.
So tell me, what SF/Fantasy book did I forget?
(Twilight should be on my list too, but I opted for some others instead.)