The other day when I should have been doing many other things, I ended up staring at my bookshelves (aka. the Too Be Read Pile) trying to determine what I'd be in the mood to read this next year for the TBR Challenge. I think the rule is that they must be books I've had for six months at least... and still haven't read and I'm assuming there can be a few crossovers with other challenges.
So, here's what I've come up with for my new list of 2008 TBR's:
- Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
- Magyk by Angie Sage
- The Secret Hour (Midnighters book 1) by Scott Westerfeld
- Messenger by Lois Lowry
- Eugenie Grandet by Honore de Balzac
- Quentins by Maueve Binchy
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- Man and Wife by Wilkie Collins
- The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland
- The Moon Below by Barbara Bickmore
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
I can't wait to get going on a new year of reading!
As for this past year's challenge? I still have one more on my list to read, but I can't find it anywhere. I KNOW we had that book! So I may try one from the alternate list and hopefully have time to read it before the year ends. Anyway, all the results of that will be in another post!