Thursday, December 27, 2007

Books for Christmas!

New Books for Christmas!!
(stuff we all got, not just me)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
(both already read, but I just had to HAVE them!)
The City of Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Magic Street by Orson Scott Card
Half Magic by Edward Eager
Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruit Cake by Barbara Park
The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum
A Love Like Lilly by Kay Lynn Mangum
Books 2 and 3 of the Jimmy Fincher Saga by James Dashner

Then we had $75 to spend in gift cards at Barnes and Noble, and $35 at Borders. So from both those places, we came home with:

Stardust by Neil Gaiman
The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld (sequel to Peeps)
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
Diary Queen by Catherine Murdock
The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks
Oil! by Upton Sinclair
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Utah’s Incredible Backcountry Trails by David Day

Wow! What a list! I can’t wait to get reading!

4 comments:

  1. The haul looks good, but the shelf will need straightening! Happy New Year! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kookiejar's going to be so happy that you bought Oil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bybee, yes I know! How could I pass that book up after a review like she gave? I'm still waiting for her to come by and jump up and down in excitement for me! Here's hoping that I LIKE it when I read it!

    Oh, and Maggie.. so far, the books haven't made it to the shelf... just stacks on the floor! The shelf WILL need a major shuffling around, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oil! Yahoo!

    *kookie stops jumping up and down long enough to read the other comments* Oh, hi Byee! *waves*

    Suey, you know I'm going to be waiting with breathless anticipation to hear what you think of "Oil!"...even if you hate it. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails