Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Quotes

 


For the prompt today (Favorite Quotes) I did not go on a theme, but instead just copied and pasted my favorite quotes on my Goodreads profile. LOL! I put these up YEARS ago, but most of them still apply to my feelings today. Go figure! Some of them are bookish, some of them not.  



  • “Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished just to stay near it.”
    ― Markus Zusak



  • William W. Purkey
    “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    ― William W. Purkey




  • Groucho Marx
    “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
    ― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Masrx


  • Mark Twain
    “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
    ― Mark Twain



  • Josh Groban
    “Music is what I always turn to when I'm feeling a certain way. It's my reason for everything.”
    ― Josh Groban


  • Allen Saunders
    “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
    ― Allen Saunders



  • Josh Groban
    “There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva”
    ― Josh Groban





  • John Green
    “Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.”
    ― John Green, An Abundance of Katherines


  • John Green
    “Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself.”
    ― John Green







  • “He was the crazy one who had painted himself black and defeated the world.

    She was the book thief without the words.

    Trust me, though, the words were on their way, and when they arrived, Liesel would hold them in her hands like the clouds, and she would wring them out like rain.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

4 comments:

  1. I used the Twain quote today as well. It's an oldie, but SUCH a goodie!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun quotes. I loved the Josh Groban quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from William Purkey. I need to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great quotes! I especially love the Book Thief and John Green ones :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails