Saturday, October 26, 2019

Movie Review: Gemini Man

Movie: Gemini Man
Starring: Will Smith
Genre: Action Adventure
Rating: one and a half thumbs up


I have a goal to start finding my love for the movies again, so the plan is to just simply go more often for date night, or whatever. Here's hoping some decent ones show up now and then! Mostly I look at the list of available movies and there's just nothing that looks good.

Anyway, that being said, the other night we ended up randomly at Gemini Man. Because anything Will Smith has got to be good, right?

And it was... not bad. Actually quite good I'd say. I actually enjoyed it!

The premise is that we have an assassin... Will Smith, who kills the bad guys. And then just as he's about to retire, someone is out to kill HIM. And when he finds out who it is, this dude LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM... a younger him. So he and his cohort (a girl he has just barely met) set out to figure out what's going on. And who this dude is.

It's all quite fascinating really. And a little disturbing.

There is lots of violence and fighting, but not as much as I expected. The movie actually had a lot of chill and quiet moments which was surprising. I remember leaving the theater thinking... there were some great parts and some really weird parts. I think some of it seemed very real... and some of it seemed way too fake and digital-ized, you know? I think that was it.

But we had no idea if Will Smith played both characters, and it turns out, he sure did! So somehow they managed to make him look all those years younger. It didn't look fake, that part, either. And he looked just different enough that it made us wonder (not knowing going in) if it was him, or someone else.

Anyway, what an excellent acting job! I loved that.

So, if you are up for a decent action adventure, and you are a Will Smith fan, then check it out!

Here's the trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails