Tuesday, November 14, 2017

This Week (Month?) In Kpop: September/October/November



Well. SO MUCH IS GOING ON in the world of KPOP! And I haven't kept up on my idea to do these weekly/biweely posts, and so I'm going to touch on some of the highlights of the past while.


BTS COMEBACK

While I was on the trip, BTS had a new album come out. It's called LOVE YOURSELF "HER" and it has some really fun songs on it. DNA is the title track and I love it, but I especially love Mic Drop. Here it is:





Speaking of BTS, they arrived in LA today and they are going to be on like a bunch of talk shows here in the US (James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen so far) and then perform at the AMAs on Sunday. WATCH THEM! YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY! They will perform DNA at the award show we've been told.

Anyway, this is huge for them and I hope America loves them and is nice to them and I hope they aren't corrupted by America. I hope it all goes well.


SUPER JUNIOR COMEBACK

Our favorite boys, the ones that started this whole obsession, also had a new album come out last week. They look and sound amazing. Even though they are all "old" now, they still have what it takes! Here's what they look like doing their title song from their album: Black Suit:




As part of their comeback, they've been having a daily "behind the scenes" show be aired that let's have a glimpse of what it's been like for them getting this album ready. I love seeing all their personalities come out during this kind of thing. It's been so fun to fall for them all over again.


OTHER COMEBACKS

Many of our other favorite groups have also had new albums come out this past week too. Monsta X, Block B, SEVENTEEN, Astro and Wanna One.... to name a few. All their new songs are so much fun! We can't get enough of them. And just yesterday, Monsta X won their first award! YES! They cried! It was awesome!


THE CHANNEL

Our Youtube channel has partnered with one of the biggest Korean entertainment companies (the one that puts on KCON, among many other things!) which means for us that we get some perks (hopefully) should we ever visit Korea, and we get some other opportunities that we otherwise wouldn't. It's been a scary thing, but we hope it's a good one in the end. Mostly we hope that when KCON rolls around again, we get to be more a part of the festivities on the front lines as we saw many other Youtubers doing last year. We'll see I guess.

Well, as I said... them's the highlights! So much is going on. It's so crazy. I just am constantly blown away by this music, this fandom, this industry... everything about it. Wow. It's a blast



5 comments:

  1. Holy crap! There’s a ton of albums being released. Is it the season or is this normal? Congrats on your YouTube channel news! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: It's not normal that so many are happening at once, so I guess it's the season... I can't remember what happened this time last year.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand the comeback thing. I get the Super Junior comeback. They definitely have a comeback since they were gone for so long, but BTS hasn't been gone to have a comeback. They just released a new album. I guess it's just a culture thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: It's kpop culture I guess, not Korean... if that makes sense. It's just a word they use to say "new song or album release" no matter how long it's been. It's kinda weird I guess yes. LOL!

      Delete
  3. THis time last year WINGS was happening and that is really all we cared about I think... SO MUCH HYPE with that comeback! All the little teasers... and Damien... and ugh! I am so glad they didn't do that again! ~Megs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails