Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: Recent Books I've Read That Should be Movies!
This is a topic that comes up a lot so for this list I'm thinking of books I've read recently that I think would make awesome movies.
1. These Broken Stars by Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I just finished this and instantly thought... wouldn't this be a great movie? Yes. I think so.
2. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkowski. But I think we'd all leave feeling sad.
3. The Shatter Me books by Tahereh Mafi. Intense and nail biting and steamy.
4. All the Stephanie Perkins books beginning with Anna and the French Kiss, filmed on location in Paris of course.
5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater. All the boys, live and in person. :) But they'd totally have to get it right or else it would be terrible.
6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, also filmed on location in Prague. Oh my word, this would make a crazy intense movie. Someone please make it happen.
7. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, though I doubt anyone could pull it off. It would be fun to see them try though!
8. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson would make a fun regency romance movie. I would totally go to see it!
9. The Finnikin books by Melina Marcetta. Gah. That would be so awesome!
10. And finally, I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. Done right. Of course.
I pretty much feel like all my lists are listing the same books. Do you notice this at all or is it just me? Basically, you should read these books!
What books have you read recently that really really need to be movies? Check out everyone's lists at The Broke and the Bookish.